News Brief: Intersession

Photo of students on a hiking trail from 2019-2020 Intersession Guide by Mariemont City Schools.

The 2019-2020 Intersession has commenced as students have selected activities and experiences for this upcoming May 19-22, 2020. 

The 23 options range from teacher-led courses to experienceships or college explorations. 

With a wide variety of activities to choose from, students can pursue interests in careers, or chase hobbies they enjoy but might not always experience.

If interested in a particular career, an experienceship is a great option. 

Mr. Sugerman, the WarriorsBEyond Coordinator said, “Experieceships encourage students to explore something that maybe they want to pursue in college or pursue as a career; it gives them a unique opportunity during the year to do it.” 

Photo of “Warrior Adventures” course in the 2019-2020 Intersession Guide by Mariemont City Schools.

Sugerman believes that Intersession has a lasting effect on Mariemont students, whether it be through an experienceship or an engaging activity.

“Whatever you’re taking, you’re taking it because you see how this could help you in your future,” He said. 

Intersession has proven to be some of the most fun, hands-on learning experiences Mariemont has offered for students, even as one of the newer additions to WarriorsBEyond. 

“I hope that they learn that they can pursue a passion in something they do during intersession, explorations or expeditions that they can take on for the rest of their life,” said Sugerman. 

Students should know their scheduled options by the end of January.