Things to Know: Week of 4/20-26

What to Know:

1. Governor Mike DeWine said in a Press Conference that Ohio will begin to open on May 1. He mentioned that the state will have to figure out what the safest way for businesses, schools, and citizens to emerge is.
  2. Report cards were released on April 17th.
  3. Fourth Quarter’s change in instructional plan is here.
  4. Diverse Voices Contest extended deadline: May 1–Create, submit, and share your creative ideas about the diverse voices of Mariemont High school. To find guidelines, submission forms, and more, join Google Classroom: MHS Diverse Voices 2020 code: 34ah6m6
  5. Leadership Council put together a competition between teachers and students to see who could do the Full House Intro better. Click here to access the form and vote.
  6. Show Stoppers put together a video to show how much they appreciate all that students are doing:
  7. On April 16, Mariemont announced that the new High School swim coach will be Tassos Madonis.
  8. The Mariemont Athletic Department is accepting nominations for the Kusel Hall of Fame. Click here for more information.
  9. Warpath recommendations for what to do while you are stuck at home:
  10. CCPC News:
    • Seniors must submit their college enrollment deposit before May 1st. 
    • For Juniors, colleges may waive the ACT and SAT next year. This does not apply to all colleges, and it could be beneficial to submit the score you already have.
    • Students’ Naviance accounts will not be available after May 1st. Everything should be moved over to Scoir.
    • Torchprep is offering discounts for test prep.
    • The application for the Amy Weiss Scholarship is now open. Please encourage anyone you know who is a graduating senior and a current Girl Scout to apply. The deadline to apply is April 30th. The scholarship application can be found here.
  11. Holidays:
    • Mon., Apr. 20: Chinese Language Day, Look Alike Day, Patriot’s Day, Volunteer Recognition Day
    • Tues., Apr. 21: Kindergarten Day
    • Wed., Apr. 22: Administrative Professional Day, Earth Day, Girl Scout Leader Day, National Jelly Bean Day
    • Thur., Apr. 23: Lover’s Day, National Zucchini Bread Day, Ramadan, Take a Chance Day, Take Your Daughter to Work Day, World Laboratory Day
    • Fri., Apr. 24: Arbor Day, Pig in a Blanket Day
    • Sat., Apr. 25: East Meets West Day, National DNA Day, World Penguin Day
    • Sun., Apr. 26: Hug an Australian Day, National Pretzel Day, Richter Scale Day